Thursday, September 19, 2024

Sunday Morning Reflections

 


    You must habit yourself to the dazzle of the light and of every moment of your life.

Walt Whitman



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Most of my life, it's been easy for me to see the magnificence of the moments of my life. When I lost it for a moment, I would smile. The smile would remind me that this is the only life I will live. And I definitely knew I wanted to see the light of every moment. 

Things are changing now, while I still see the beauty of life, I no longer want to participate or so it seems to me. Over the past very hot summer, I developed a resistance to getting out of bed in the mornings. I wake up very early, between four and five, but I don't want to get up and start my day. I do eventually, but this resistance is concerning. 

The weather is cooling and I hope the promise of a nice cool walk with Faith will help me live to better see the dazzle of each moment. I know it's there, I just have to be aware.




3 comments:

  1. Well, this is so true. But the stresses of life keep us from fully appreciating the moment. I don't want to get up, because then the pain starts. I think it is easier for the young to appreciate the moment, but they don't realize how important it is like we do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting outside helps a lot with enjoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am feeling the same way. I don't go out at all except for food or Rx prescriptions. I did go out this week to drop off the kindle reader I traded in to Amazon and got a new one. got 20 dollars for the old one. I was gone exactly 15 minutes. I do get out of bed though, but just don't get out of the house. at this moment, 4 pm, it is 92 degrees and feels 102 and I just cant stand the heat. I hope I will feel differently when it cools a little. but this might be the aging thing.

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Morning Reflections

      You must habit yourself to the dazzle of the light and of every moment of your life. Walt Whitman ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...

Followers