Friends

 



The other day, Solange and another friend came by to visit. 

Solange brought these flowers for me for no special reason, she just wanted to bring some joy to me and my home. 

As we sat and talked, it became clear to them that I needed some help with housekeeping. So the friend offered to help. I didn't clear being on my blog with her, so no name for now. 

She came today and got to work on my windows. I had new windows installed some years ago and I haven't been on top of  cleaning all of them for some time now. Dirt gathered in the spaces where the windows are supposed to glide smoothly. 

As it turns out, I hired a professional cleaner, someone with the knowledge, skills, and a variety of little machines and steamers and vacuums to help her do a spectacular job. 

My house is now sparkling and it's been a long time since I was able to make it so. 

I'm a bit speechless right now, so I will end this with a feeling of amazement and gratitude for the way people show up in my life, in my old age, where I have no children and no blood relatives to rely on for help.  

I feel so full of love and gratitude, so I better stop here before I get, well you know, too mushy...









Comments

  1. Hari Om
    There really is a lot of goodness in the world...YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I must write a post about my cane and how people are so helpful and kind when you walk with one. Somehow you reminded me.

      Delete
  2. I'm very glad help appears when you need it. Maybe regular house cleaners are a good plan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this nice comment and, yes, she offered to come back as needed. I imagine we will work out a schedule once we know how much help I need. It's mainly floors, now that the windows are done. And a bathroom cleanup would be nice too.

      Delete
  3. What a blessing she was!! And the flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She will come back and help again. And I love the flowers.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely thoughtful person to bring you such a lovely bouquet of flowers.
    I must say that I could use a professional cleaner to clean my windows. I used to wash my windows and walls each spring. Lately, I've only cleaned the ones I look out through and my house could use a good scrubbing all over.

    Enjoy your sparkling home.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As we age, it's wonderful to get help with the heavier cleaning things.

      Delete
  5. Your flowers are pretty, what a nice gift. Friends are a blessing! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, friends are a blessing, indeed.

      Delete
  6. The flowers are beautiful. What a kind thing for her to do.
    I bet it feels great having a sparkling house again.
    What a blessing friends are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels wonderful, indeed. And she's offered to come back on a regular basis.

      Delete
  7. Those flowers look beautiful.
    Enjoy your sparkling home, it sounds good :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jan, I'm so enjoying my home now. And she will be back to help again.

      Delete
  8. sorry i missed this one. i am back. I would love for my house to sparkle like yours. so happy for you. I have to add cleaning windows to my list of to do. and hope I can make it happen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Followers