Snails And Me, Part Two



A couple of months ago, blogger friend Ginny posted about one of her granddaughter's Christmas wish: Advanced Snail Serum! 

Aware that her teenage granddaughter has perfect skin, Ginny felt she wouldn't need the serum. 

Well, my 83-year old skin is far from perfect and I became intrigued after learning that serums could be made from snail slime (mucin). 

So I went to the web site and found an Advanced Snail 92 ~ All In One Cream. Since I was about to run out of my face cream, I ordered one.

I knew of course that it wouldn't make any noticeable difference to the look of my skin, my wrinkles would still be there, but it sounded like fun to try. 

And I really like the way it feels, cool and smooth on my skin. 

It doesn't look like a regular face cream, nor does it evoke a slimy snail moving across your lawn. But, truth be told, it's a bit slimier, but less greasy, than many regular face creams. 

I'm enjoying it and I believe it will last for a very long time because you don't need to apply much, it covers well. 

A fun new thing for me. 


Advanced Snail 92 ~ All In One Cream


Before I bought the snail cream, I looked up how the slime was collected:

According to a 2018 Racked article, a common technique for collecting the snail mucin involves having snails roam around a dark room on top of a surface like glass or mesh, which can then be scraped for the slime afterward. It is then processed into a filtrate before being added into skin care products.

So no snails were harmed during this process, say I, who used to eat them.

Oh, well...



Comments

  1. I always wonder how such discoveries are made - chance or a desire to used something never used before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snail face cream, that is new to me. I just heard that teenagers are buying up skin products. Take care, have a great day and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny that teens with beautiful skin are applying face cream! Amazing what we put on our faces. For me it's rosewater, glycerin and almond oil I mix and spray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. now i am wondering if i could collect Beau's slimy drool and use it for face cream and also just rub his drool around my face instead of wiping my face when i get kissess. this sounds great and can't wait to see the changes in your skin, take pore pictures and document what it does. waiting with bated breath

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may have to wait a long time, my friend. But I like the way it feels on my skin.

      Delete
  5. Enjoy it! The main thing is that you feel good about it after application.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the most perfect use for snails is skin cream. I have a thing for certain textures in my food and I could not eat a snail...
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Something fun to try for sure! I am so glad I gave you the idea. Have you noticed any difference yet? I know some lotions take a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who would even have thought to put that on faces!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi hi hi! Ojo here! You humans are Very Weird, BOL. I might eat a snail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad that they have found a way to milk slime from slugs without having to harm them. Some of the weirdest stuff finds its way into beauty products.
    You're never too old to try new things. Good luck with this new skin cream.
    Hugs Julia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Followers