A Mobile Clinic And More




I've had a UTI for a while now. I'm taking antibiotics and drinking lots of water, which I always do, prone as I am to these infections. Last Thursday, I had an appointment at a mobile clinic in town. This was a first for me and I was curious. 
 



My legs are not as steady as they once were, so the staircase leading into the mobile unit was a bit scary, but a nice nurse took my hand and helped me. 



Inside were two small rooms and a station for the nurses. I think there were two nurses and one nurse practitioner. 


The nurse was very nice and explained how things worked in a compact place. This door, for example, can be used as a wheelchair ramp.


After she left and I was alone, waiting for the nurse practitioner to come, I got bored and took some pictures of the place. When she came back and saw me doing that, she asked if I would like her to take my picture. And then she took the above picture, where I look so much younger than I actually look in real life. How she accomplished that, I have no idea. But at least I look cheerful and not as sick as I felt. 


And, as it turned out, I still had the UTI, so more antibiotics were called in to Walmart Pharmacy. 


By the time I got there, the medicine was ready, so I didn't have to wait, and took this picture of the mountains, where there was actually snow, which didn't show in the photo. 


On my way home, I got stopped at the railroad crossing and this time, the train was fun. 


It didn't have that much good graffiti, but almost every car was of a different color. 


There were blue, light yellow, dark yellow, red, brown, black and gray cars. 


A very colorful train and I was sorry I was too close to capture it all in one photo. 


Then back home and today, Saturday, I finally feel much better. I went for a short walk with Faith this morning and I've started to clean up the mess in my house, which resulted from me not doing anything for the better part of a week of feeling unwell.






Comments

  1. I hope this round of antibiotics kicks that UTI to the curb. That is a great idea to have the mobile clinic. You look super great in the photo and you are right, can't tell how miserable you felt by looking at the photo. How nice of her to take it. I usually entertain myself in the exam room taking photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    What a great service to have the medics come to you! I am glad to read that your feeling better... infections that linger are draining in more ways than just their direct symptoms. I love the train shots!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I wish I looked that good! Cranberry juice is supposed to be good for UTI but I expect you've already tried that and everything else. I hope it clears up soon - ongoing infections are very wearing. It's entertaining to take photographs of everything around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. UTIs are no fun. I hope you feel better soon. The mobile clinic sounds awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better soon. A UTI can really pull you down. But your spirits are still there, and your playful enjoyment of the colorful train!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inger UTIs make you feel bad all over. I am happy you are feeling much better and you and Faith had a walk. Fresh air (even when cold) and sun are Mother Nature's cheer you up.
    Your picture is beautiful
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Inger
    I hope you feel better now. I have not seen the mobile clinics here. It is a good idea, very convenient. You do look pretty in the photo. Take care, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorgeous!!! And what fun it is to snoop around a mobile clinic. I have never been in one. I cannot manage the steps leading up to a bus or high truck. They would have had to lower the ramp for me! It all looks very professional and like they made the best of the space they have. I left the hospital with a U.T.I. Hopefully this new antibiotic will get rid of it. Remember to take probiotics or yogurt while on the meds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always good when you find helpful, friendly people - and sometimes they even take pictures for you - and make you look good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A mobile clinic is a great idea! Your charming smile lightens up yout beautiful face.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad that you're starting to feel better. You look young and radiant in that photo. It's a keeper for sure. How nice of the nurse to offer to take your photo.

    I hope that you get all better from that UTI infection.
    Take care and stay well.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  12. A mobile clinic is a good idea, we have them here in the UK.
    So pleased you are starting to feel better.

    That is a lovely photograph of you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look beautiful in that photo and not sick at all. Be well friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Followers