A Did Not Pay Attention Moment

 Which could have had serious consequences, but fortunately did not. 


I'm not sure about 2024, it has barely started and I get sick. I went to our hospital ER, we have no urgent care here, and was diagnosed with an infection and picked up my medicine the following morning. 

My relatives were here to visit and support me, they are so lovely and kind to their aunt. However, one of them helped me close the hood of my car, after I sprayed it for mice. She used to have the same CRV, so I just assumed she knew how to close the hood so that it locked.  She did not. 

 

The following morning, as I drove to town, the unlocked hood opened, flew up and covered my entire windshield. Fortunately, I was still on the road in the canyon.  A nice guy, who was driving behind me stopped and made sure I was OK. I was just glad I wasn't on the freeway or in town in traffic. 

Joyce followed me to the repair shop. Afterwards, I waited in my old Jeep, now hers, while she went in the grocery store to pick up some things. 

 

I'm not good at waiting, so I took out my phone and took the above selfie and a few more. 

Then I noticed that I could see a mountain reflected in the lower left side of the store window and also some trees, so I took a picture of that too. 


I was happy to see Joyce come out of the store and grateful too. 

It will take at least until the end of next week to fix the car. So I will be at home with Faith, who has been alone way too much lately. I have all I need and am looking forward to spending time with her and relaxing at home.






Comments

  1. It is good news that you were not harmed and the car can be repaired. you did what i would do if waiting. the cell phone comes out anywhere i am waiting, including doctor office lobbies and sometimes exam rooms. I don't take photos if there are people there. I entertain myself while waiting at traffic signals, people watching and also eavesdropping if close enough. People are always entertaining

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get stopped at train tracks here often, so out comes the phone.

      Delete
  2. That was an unpleasant experience and fortunate that it was not worse.
    It''s amazing what can be seen if we look carefully enough. I hope you feel better soon. Relaxing at home with a dog for company is comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    YIKES!!! I am so glad you have Joyce in your life... and passing strangers as Samaritans. Hope the infection clears up quick and 2024 gets these wobbles out of its system fast! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    I am glad you were not hurt from the incident with the car's hood. Cool capture of the mountains reflecting in the window. I hope you are feeling better. Take care , have a great day and a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I experienced a similar thing in a French car, on a coastal road. It's very unnerving, and I'm glad yours wasn't worse, also that you have helpers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That must have given you a start! Glad you are okay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inger,
    Oh my word I am so sorry it was scary reading so I know it was scary experiencing it.
    I hope by this reading you are feeling better AND there will be now more visits to the ER.
    You and Faith give each other a snuggle from me.
    Hugs and thank you so very much for the lovely bday wishes and take care of YOU.
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’ve always had a fear of that happening with the hood. I should always check after someone opens the hood, just for my own peace of mind.

    I hope you recover soon from this infection. Have a relaxing week with Faith and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad to hear you've had so much help along the way, especially that guy showing up to close the hood!

    I just saw your comment on my blog. I was hoping you would post the prayer in Swedish over there in the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That took you by surprise, didn't it? I'm so glad you weren't injured. Take it easy and cuddle with Faith this week.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness! Not a good experience, so pleased you were not injured or hurt.
    Enjoy your quiet time with Faith.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my sure glad you are okay. Quite a scare.
    Nice to hear of the helpful stranger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad that you were not hurt. The same thing happened to my brother when he used a rental car while his car was in the repair shop.
    Happy New Year to you and Faith.
    Be safe and well.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi hi hi, Ojo here! My person says that this sounds very stressful. We are sending you many licks and wags.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Followers